Hi everyone! A collection of environmental news stories this week are linked below.
1. How to Fix Global Warming: We Talk to Tech Innovators, Entrepreneurs and Political Leaders: California Governor Jerry Brown's perspective on the solutions to global climate change and information about ClimateTECH, a New York Times-lead discussion about new innovations, technologies, and solutions to climate change. (Also check out videos on Intel's perspective on climate change solutions, and more!)
2. Trump shrinks two huge national monuments in Utah, drawing praise and protests: The article discusses potential effects of President Donald Trump's decision to scale back the Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante national monuments in Utah. (Further New York Times analysis, in interactive form, here!)
3. The national monument Trump wants to shrink by up to 92%, in photos: This article collects pictures showing the natural beauty of the national monuments Trump wants to cut back.
4. In a Warming California, a Future of More Fire: A destructive wildfire, which has already ravished 90,000 acres with only 10% contained, is raging through Southern California. This article analyzes the current effects and the future implications of California wildfires.
5. Renewable Energy Is Surging. The G.O.P. Tax Bill Could Curtail That: An analysis on the probable effect of the GOP Tax Bill, which recently passed the Senate, on the future of American renewable energy. (More on general information about the GOP Tax Plan here.)